Thursday, January 1, 2009

How can I cool down my apartment with air conditioning if I only have Frence Balcony doors and no windows


How can I cool down my apartment with air conditioning if I only have Frence Balcony doors and no windows?
I need to cool down my apartment in Los Angeles, but I only have french doors and no regular windows. Fans dont work when its really hot, and I dont want to alter the doors or glass panes (I rent, and dont want to pay back any damages).. Anyone have any ideas as to what specific device I can buy to cool my place down? HELP!!!!! PS) No stupid responses like (MOVE nowI!!)
Other - Home & Garden - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Contact a locl AC firm and ask about Fujitsu individual units. They heat and cool and are controlled with a remote. There are other mfg.. I just happen to have Fujitsu. These units are commonly used in Australia, Guam, Japan etc. etc. Talk to your landlord for $$ help. They would add value to the unit.
2 :
Buy a Swamp Cooler worked for us, we had this kind http://www.epinions.com/Evaporative_Air_Cooler_Arctic_Breeze_1500_by_Convair_with_2800_CFM_Air_Conditioner A tip, if you do buy one put a teaspoon of bleach in about once a week
3 :
Last Summer, I saw an air conditioning unit that does not require any duct work or vents. It looks like a large fan, but produces cold air and it wasn't very noisy. Check Lowe's or Home Depot; maybe they can help you locate one. P.S. Go to Air-n-Water.com Their prices are much lower and they have a larger selection. The first one is similar to the one I saw.
4 :
buzzy and braves are talking about the same type unit it is called a mini-split it runs on 110v and can produce up to 3 tons of air. there is an outside unit and inside unit and you need to connect the two maybe a 3" hole so i dont know if it would work maybe you could run them out where you dryer vent normally is???