Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Will my friend's British cell phone work in Paris


Will my friend's British cell phone work in Paris?
I'm from the USA and I will be visting Paris for 3 days. My friend from the UK is planning on meeting up with me while I'm in Paris. What I want to know is if her cell phone (mobile) will work if I try to call her from a pay phone in Paris to tell her where I am. So, will her British cell phone work in Paris?
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i would say yes. when i lived there i got a vodafone which went in all countries...or they had associated networks...other companies also have associates....there might be a few price diffs but it workds
2 :
Techinically yes, it will work. The only thing is that some companies put a bar on calling (although not normally receiving) when abroad, for security reasons. So if she has't already been abroad and used it, it would be wise for her to contact her service provider in advance just to make sure Oh - and also get her to check, because she may be charged for both making and receiving calls abroad as well.