Friday, August 14, 2009

Will my Cingular Blackberry 8800 work in Paris


Will my Cingular Blackberry 8800 work in Paris?
I'm going to Paris next weekend and wondering if I should bring my phone or not. And if so, whether it will cost a fortune to use.
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The answer to both questions is yes, however you do have another less expensive option and that is to get Cingular to "Unlock" your phone. In order to do that you must contact Cingular directly and request the unlock (it takes 3-5 business days) Once your phone is unlocked when you get to France purchase an Orange France SIM card and put it in your phone. The coverage map below details where you will have service and how strong it is. If you choose to use Cingular and not unlock your phone you will pay anywhere from $0.99 per minute up to $1.29 per minute. http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=fr&net=fr Good luck