Saturday, March 14, 2009

Will my ceramic flat iron by jilbere de paris work in europe


Will my ceramic flat iron by jilbere de paris work in europe?
I'm traveling to Europe in a month and im not sure if i will be able to straighten my hair while im over there. Can someone please help?
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In my travels I have found that flat Irons work fine just make sure to bring a outlet converter... I bought mine from Wal-mart. (cheaper) Mine works in many, many countries because it has many different countries outlet prongs. On the other hand through hair dryers will need to be under a certain wattage in order not to blow a fuse with the outlet converter. Just read what voltage your converter says and don't use a hair dryer stronger then that!
2 :
If your iron works with outlets in the USA without an adapter/converter, then it will not work in Europe. You will need an adapter. You can call your hotel and see if they have loaners available or you can try and find one when you get over there (I know when I lived in Florence, they had them at what was basically a dollar store.) Your best/safest bet would be to purchase one before you go. Brookstone or Sharper Image would be good places to look here in the US - you can also search for adapters/converters on the internet. Another thing to keep in mind is that all European outlets are not alike...what works in France may not work in Italy or Germany, so make sure you get a multi country adapter/converter or several separate ones. Good luck!